Effective immediately, the Durham Mental Health Services (DMHS) Mobile Crisis Team has partially resumed services following a pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The DMHS Mobile Crisis Team is non-emergency, non-police led, and non-medical. Mobile Crisis Team staff wear plain clothes and arrive in un-marked personal vehicles. The team includes two Crisis staff members who provide support and assistance to individuals and/or their families who may be experiencing a psycho-social crisis within Durham Region.
The team offers:
- Face-to-face support when a telephone crisis call is not enough.
- In-person crisis de-escalation and coping strategies.
- Linkages to other mental health and addictions services and resources within DMHS and Lakeridge Health, as well as assistance in finding appropriate supports through other community agencies.
- Ongoing short-term support until other supports are established.
The Mobile Crisis Team is also able to assist community partners, as required.
To access a Mobile Crisis Team visit, please contact the DMHS Crisis Access and Linkage Line (C.A.L.L) at 905-666-0483 or 1-800-742-1890. If you are experiencing an emergency situation, call 911 and identify that your call is about a mental health emergency.
The Mobile Crisis Team runs Monday through Friday with alternating weekly hours of 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. and 4:00-9:00 p.m. Please see below for Mobile Crisis Team hours for the remainder of 2022. Resumption of full mobile service hours will begin in 2023.
- Week of November 28 – 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Week of December 5 – 4:00-9:00 p.m.
- Week of December 12 – 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Week of December 19 – 4:00-9:00pm
- Week of December 26 – (not available on Dec 26 & 27stat holidays) 8:00 am-2:00 pm
- Week of January 3 – (not available on Jan 2 stat holiday) 4:00 – 9:00 pm
- Week of January 9 – 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
As we are re-establishing this community outreach service, one of our goals is to work with our community partners to offer it in a way that best meets their needs and those of their clients. We welcome your feedback either by phone at 905-444-3258 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.